My Physio My Health offers physiotherapy services for the whole family, including babies and children. Physiotherapists can help with your child’s growth, development and recovery. Kids are not just mini-adults – age-appropriate activities that incorporate fun and play are necessary to engage them in meaningful therapy.
Your child will benefit from physiotherapy if they experience:
• Developmental delay or delayed motor milestones
• Difficulties with fine or gross motor skills, such as gripping, jumping, hopping, running
• Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
• Cerebral palsy
• Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Unusual movement patterns, such as toe walking, in-toeing or W-sitting
• Clumsiness or frequent tripping
• Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains or fractures
• Postural pain in neck/back
• Growth-related pain, such as Osgood-Schlatter Disease, scoliosis
• Reduced physical activity or fitness
Treatment for your child may include specific play activities or exercises in order to improve their fine and gross motor skills, ball skills (e.g. catching, throwing, kicking), balance, coordination, core strength and physical fitness. Techniques such as soft tissue therapy and taping can be used to relieve pain and facilitate recovery after an injury. Physiotherapists can also make recommendations to promote a healthy and physically active lifestyle. We would love to work with you and your child to be a part of their healthy growth and development.